ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR AUSTRALIAN STUDENTS
- Successful completion of an Australian Year 12 with a minimum ATAR of 65 (or equivalent qualification), or alternative ATAR with interview; or
- Successful completion of a recognised foundation studies program; or
- One (1) year of university studies
- An Australian Bachelor Degree or international equivalent
Applicants who do not meet the formal entry requirements may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
In some undergraduate courses, it is assumed that through secondary school studies or other equivalent
studies a student
will have achieved a level of knowledge of the subject area that is considered desirable for successful
study. Consistent with the Australian university sector standards and comparator institutions, LIHE will
applicants for study in the Bachelor of Business Information Systems course to have a mid-range level of
mathematics knowledge as “Mathematics Advanced (NSW HSC), or equivalent” for successful study.
Consistent with the Australian university sector standards and comparator institutions, LIHE will require
study in the Master of Business Information Systems course to have a mid-range level of assumed mathematics
“Mathematics Advanced (NSW HSC), or equivalent” for successful study.
English language requirements:
The following English language requirements apply for international students or local applicants with international qualifications.
Undergraduate Courses and Postgraduate Courses
- IELTS: An overall IELTS band score of 6.0 with at least 5.5 in writing and speaking; or
- TOEFL (Internet-based): An overall score 65 with a minimum of 21 in writing and at least 18 in speaking; or
- CAE Advanced (CAE) or CAE Proficiency (CPE): An overall score of 169 with a minimum of 154 in writing and speaking; or
- PTE Academic: An overall writing communicative score of 50 with a minimum score of 43 in writing and speaking.
Proof of English language proficiency shall not be older than 2 years from the date of commencement of the course applied for.
Applicants who do not meet the English proficiency requirements may be made a conditional offer pending successful completion of an approved intensive English language course and meeting the required standard prior to commencement.
Additional entry requirements
LIHE does not accept students under the age of 18. Applicants are required to turn 18 before the first day of Orientation Week.
Application for admission into some LIHE courses may require applicants to attend an interview or submit a portfolio.
LIHE facilitates access to applicants from underrepresented and/or disadvantaged groups, including:
- Part or full-time carers
- Persons with disabilities
- Persons experiencing mental or physical health concerns
- Mature-age applicants
- Single parents
- People for whom English is a second language
- Persons who identify as LGBTI